Tuesday 19 January 2016

Stories inspired by old photos: Family



FRANCE

     When I was a little girl, I lived in town with my grandparents. My parents were very young and had to travel far away for their studies. I could see them during week-ends only. I loved my grandmother a lot, she who was so thoughtful and kind to me. A dog and four cats lived in the house. My grandmother tried to please me and spoil me as much as she could. My grandfather was very mocking and he loved fishing and hunting. Now I go fishing with him. I loved spending time with them ! I keep a wonderful memory of these days. I am glad each time I see  them but the occasions are less frequent these days.

Aurore Caumont
Aurélie Paulay
Luce Faget
Elisa Baqué


ITALY

     I observe this photo and I see that the grandmother’s face shows affection for her granddaughter and the child has a smile on her face which emanates an incredible happiness. I feel their emotion, an emotion you cannot describe. These moments are very important and they  are very useful for life above all for children life.
It’s fantastic to have a grandmother like that one with whom sharing beautiful and bad moments, important and less important events. With her you can share happy  and sad moments, hugs and kisses .She understands if you are sad or happy only with a glance. With your grandmom you  cannot have a secret, she protects you from lies and illusions.


SPAIN

     I see a boy who after school goes to his grandmother’s home to have lunch with her. His grandmother is a very old woman. She asks him how he is doing at school and what he has learned that day. After lunch, the boy shows her the pictures he has painted about his family, his friends…
     And all this reminds me when I visit my grandmother and she tells me stories of her childhood, what she used to play, what she learned at school, what she did with her grandmother, which is very similar to what she does with her own grandaughter now.
     And this boy loves spending time with his grandmother because she tells him about the games she used to play, and then he plays these games with his friends. Sometimes, he brings his best friend with him and they listen to his grandmother’s wonderful and funny stories.

Salma Ben Daouch

GERMANY

I still remember my last day with her…
Though I knew that her time was limited I didn’t expect it to come that fast. At that time I thought I could stop it – how stupid! I don’t see my Grandma very often that’s why I was so excited to see her that day…her last day. When she opened the door she still looked so agile and happy. We played cards and I helped her in the kitchen. It was a wonderful day and we both enjoyed it very much. One wouldn’t expect her to be so old, especially when she was laughing. Then she really looked like a young girl. I begged my mom to stay overnight but she denied because the next day she had to work. So we drove home. At home I was staying awake quite long because of being so sad to have left her. At some time at night I must have fallen asleep as the next thing I remember was the phone ringing unusually early in the morning. The caller submitted the message… my Grandma was dead! Difficult to express my feelings… sadness changed to anger about my mom who didn’t let me stay with her that night so I could prevent her death… Today I know that I couldn’t do anything against it and that nobody was guilty of her death. It comes when it has to come. My Grandma got old and had a good life and nothing wouldn’t have changed if we stayed that night. I hope we’ll see each other one day again!

Lisa Fiedler


No comments:

Post a Comment